Senior Health Technology & Tele-Health Committee
What We Do
The Committee was appointed by the New Canaan Board of Selectmen in May of 2011, to begin the task of identifying senior health care needs that new technology and expanded telecommunications infrastructure could serve. The project purpose was to enable aging in place, reducing health care costs, and improving care quality. The first major report was issued on October 11, 2011.
New Canaan will build a major new community asset for an Optimal Livable Community through the use of a proactive community health technology and tele-health development and communication program.
1) To be the community catalyst for using and adapting current and emerging technologies that innovate and improve health quality outcomes for all citizens - with a focus on needs of adults over 50.
2) To provide a basis of understanding and shared interests that will accelerate the adaptation of technologies among the citizens, physicians, health institutions and service providers to improve communication and quality of care for this area.
1) Identify paths of potential strategic and technology leverage for the town of New Canaan and its health service providers to develop a more informed, healthier community.
2) Identify and organize an inventory of available health care technology that can be used to drive and leverage town information technology and telecommunications infrastructure and communication.
3) Define future needs of the community for building superior technology enabled health care technology and infrastructure as a major town asset.
Jim Lisher- Past Chair of Health & Human Services Commission; Chair, Senior Tele-Health Program,
94 Old Studio Road, 203-972-3519, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lucy Baney- Pres, Access Technologies Group, Inc.; Health Care Leadership Council of Fairfield County,
313 Frogtown Road,203-966-8572, lucybatghome.com
Jim Beall, VP of IBM Networks (retired), Member Town Emergency Medical Commission,
34 Scofield Lane, 203-966-1658, email@example.com
Carol Blauvelt- Member of Health & Human Services Commission & New Canaan Rep to SWCAA,
128 Indian Waters Road, 203-966-7059, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. David Brown- Physician(retired), Town Health & Human Services Commission member(Retired),
73 Oenoke Ridge Road, 203-966-6684, email@example.com
Bill Burnham- Managing Director, Delta Capital Group- 241 White Oak Shade Road, 203-594-2092, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Koprowski, Community Affairs & Tele-Health project coordinator of Stamford Hospital, Stamford, CT, 203-536-5243, email@example.com
Julia Portale, Healthcare Industry Consultant, Previously Jewish Home of Fairfield County, 203-365-6433, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Lawerence Liebowitz, Fairfield County Primary Care, 36 Grove Street, New Canaan,
203-966-6305, Fax 203-966-4618, email@example.com
Health & Human Services Department Staff
Carol McDonald, Director of Health & Human Services, 203-594-3079, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bethany Zaro, Town Public Health Nurse/ New Canaan Tele-Nurse Project Director, 203-594-3093, email@example.com
Please check the Calendar of Events on the home page for meeting information or contact the Town Clerk's office at 594-3070.
Schedule of Meetings, Agendas & Minutes
October 11, 2011 Report
There are three sections of the October 11, 2011 report:
1) The basic report which contains general findings, trends, major strategic questions, conclusions and recommendations - Click here to download
2) Appendix D which identifies an Initial Inventory of Technology and Tele-Health Tools and Systems in three defined market areas - Click here to download
a) Health & Wellness Management
b) Home Health/ Remote Monitors
c) Medical Care Transitions
3) Appendix E which identifies 13 key institutions, companies or products as What and Who to Watch - Click here to download
These section files are in PDF format and can be easily downloaded.
Tele-Health Final Report
Master Deck Report & Reco for 2016
Master Deck Research Summary 2015
CCSI Tele-Health Report - 9-10-2015